Initially intended for last year and after a long delay we finally released V1.0.3. We apologize for the lack of updates and the time between releases.
This is a new mode for the stairs tools that allows to create platforms, something we felt had been missing for a while. Like the spiral stairs, it allows any “sweep” angle.
With this release we also added the option to make custom color palettes as well as an improved color picker. We include a few custom made color palettes, but you will obviously want to create your own as you work on your maps.
New Building Tool Types
We added new shapes (double intersect and double miter) to allow for more custom shaped buildings and we also added courtyard style buildings as an option.
- Added option to disable grid anti-aliasing.
- Added unit options for shape pens.
- Added toggle for children feature scaling.
- Added option for border margins.
- Added rotation and size shortcut for lights.
- Added copy/paste properties between structural tool and closed area/corridors.
- Allow grid larger than map.
- Also fixed many small issues, including several Linux issues.
With this release out, we’ll turn our focus back to user feature requests. If there’s something you’d like to see added to Other World Mapper, please let us know! We’ll try to add it as we work towards the v1.1 and v1.5 milestones.
Thank you for your continued support!
– The Three Minds Software Team (Stephanie, Katie and Alejandro)
Very awesome, thank you! 😀
Great to see these updates – thanks so much!
1. OWM would make for an awesome game mapper / level editor. I’d like to see JSON export (I know XML is available) along with more granular control over what is being exported (what level of detail, or editable export schema).
2. Minor annoyance. “Don’t show this on startup” checkbox doesn’t work (even if I check it, the dialogue is still presented every time program is started). At least on Windows.
Thank you for the feedback!
We’ve been meaning to add JSON export support and clean up the XML (it could be better). So, we’ll aim to work on it in the following months.
On the second point, didn’t catch that during regression. We’ll fix. Thank you!
Update on the second part, if you select “New Map”, “Open..” etc it does get saved. We’ll fix it so it gets saved for “Close” as well, but for now you can do that 🙂